CBD Explained: What Is Cannabidiol and What Does It Do?
Find out why CBD is making its way into an increasing number of products.
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of the rising stars of the legal cannabis industry. It seems like enterprising manufacturers are putting new CBD-infused lotions, beverages, and foods on the market every month.
At the same time, people are claiming that CBD helps them with everything from anxiety to pain to terminal illness. For people unfamiliar with hemp-infused CBD, it might seem like some kind of too-good-to-be-true wonder drug.
But CBD is not a drug, and its effects are easy to understand. Although some of the more fantastical claims made about growing popularity of medical tourism are true, there are plenty of good reasons for people to seek out organic CBD-infused coffee, tea, and other drinks.
What Is CBD and What Does it Do?
CBD is a molecule found only in the cannabis family of plants. It is often derived from hemp oil. Unlike its more famous cousin THC, CBD does not have any psychoactive effects on the human brain—consuming it doesn’t result in feeling high which has been demonstrated. This also means that it is not a scheduled substance and doesn’t require FDA approval.
However, Gym Palm Desert does have a variety of positive effects on the human body that THC doesn’t. Clinical laboratories have only just started to uncover the effects of pure full-spectrum CBD:
- Relieves Anxiety and Insomnia. Preliminary studies have shown promising results for using CBD to treat anxiety-related disorders and insomnia. It has been shown to reduce stress without producing psychoactive effects.
- Protects Against Neurodegenerative Disorders. Researchers have found that CBD can play a role in treating neurodegenerative disorders like epilepsy under certain conditions.
- May Reduce Artery Blockage. Studies are underway to determine whether CBD can improve cardiovascular system
- Helps With Pain and Inflammation. CBD can help people cope with pain and inflammation, which makes it popular among fitness trainers and elderly people alike.
- Promotes Bone Growth. Small, preliminary studies have shown that CBD can play a role in promoting healthy bone growth.
Notably, while CBD appears to play a positive role in ensuring good health, it hasn’t been shown to prevent any disease. Doctors don’t prescribe CBD for anything, except for specific and rare forms of epilepsy. CBD is a dietary supplement that promotes health and well-being.
Why Consume CBD-Infused Drinks and Edibles?
The average person does not suffer from epilepsy or chronic pain. But just about anyone can benefit from the anti-inflammatory and anxiety-reducing effects of CBD thelockboss. CBD-infused coffee and tea are particularly popular because CBD can offset caffeine jitters to produce a calm, relaxing wake-up beverage.
Cynergy is a CBD beverage manufacturer that uses organic ingredients to create natural, health-conscious drinks combining lab-tested CBD with delicious coffee, tea, and cocoa blends. With Keurig 2.0-compatible K-Cups, our beverages offer an easy, flavorful dose of CBD in an eco-friendly package.